The mission of the SCP Older Adult Special Interest (OASI) Group is to bring together members of Counseling Psychologists to work with and on behalf of older adults, their families, and caregivers in a multicultural society.
Goals of OASI Group:
- Increase collaboration and peer support among Counseling Psychologists working with seniors and their family.
- Offer mentorship to early career psychologists and students in order to increase their interests and competency in the field of geropsychology.
- Share resources and opportunities related to geopsychology through listserv and an annual meeting.
- Advocate for the psychological/behavioral health and wellness needs and concerns of older adults in their diverse communities and care settings.
- Generate cross-sectional collaboration among Special Interest Group within Division 17 in order to enhance the “whole person” approach.
- Promote the issues related to aging and older adults within Division 17 activities and initiatives
- Engage with other APA Divisions with similar interests include but not limited to Division 12, 13, 20, 22, 38, 42, 44, 45, and 46.